A Violin Lesson


Today I learned a lesson the hard way.
I was at violin lessons with my sister, and I was trying to play our new lesson. My sister wanted to write the finger placements in the book, so she took the book while I was playing.
My first response was to get angry.
My second response was to get even.
So I swung my bow ( stupid! ) and hit the backside of my sister. Hard.
The result:
The wooden stick on my bow snapped.


I love my violin, and now I can't play it.
So I learned that my response to my anger will hurt me in one way or another, whether it is having priveledges taken away, pushing others away from me, or not being able to do something I love.
Like playing the violin.
This past Sunday I heard a message on anger, and how it isn't anger that's the problem, it's the way you react to the anger.
Now I need to learn how to control my reactions to anger. This is not going to be an easy job, and I'll only be able to do it with God's help.
If only learning good things didn't have to be so painful.

Comments

African Queen said…
God seems to use the simplest things sometimes to remind us of our weaknesses and to draw us back to Him.

Popular Posts