A lesson from Rosin


I recently got new rosin for my violin. My old rosin had crumbled into bits, and I need rosin to keep my bow playing smooth.I read the box that the rosin came in, and it got me thinking.


Rosin for my violin bow=God's Word for my spiritual life.

The box says first that it "Improves the tone..."

How true...
the Bible improves the "tone" of my spiritual life. It fixes my outlook on the day. If I don't get to read my Bible in the quiet of the morning, I'm distracted, I don't get much out of it, and I usually don't have a good day.

"Saves strings and bow hair..."

True, the Bible isn't what saves me from sin, but after I am saved, it helps save me from making stupid mistakes and helps to preserve me for God's plans.

"Takes hold well and leaves very little dust..."

"Takes hold well", at least my Bible should take a firm grasp on my life. It should leave very little "dust", or things that I read and later forget. Things that just fly out of my mind.

"Does not soften in warm weather."

My standards that I develop from the Bible should never soften, not in warm or cold "weather".
Weather is the circumstances God puts in your life. Always remember to stand!

That's all that's on the box, but there's something else I noticed.
New rosin is shiny and smooth, not disturbed at all.

But it's of no use like that. In order for rosin to work, you have to scratch it and make it rough. Rosin on the bow means friction, which is how the sound is made. Rosin is the only way you can make music. Without it, the bow will just slide across the strings, making no sound at all. 


Don't let your Bible be shiny and new forever. You have to get into the Word to get something out of it. In order to make "music", or wise decisions, you must have something in your head and heart.   

Comments

Emily Christine said…
Very good thoughts, thankyou!

Popular Posts