{Welcome to Our Home-the Bedroom}

Hey, you're here again! Good to see you. I was just thinking about it and I haven't shown you our bedroom yet. When I first saw it, I thought, "What am I gonna do with those green walls?" but now I think they're growing on me. Anyways, I decided to go with black as the color to decorate with. So if you'll follow me back the hallway, and step in the door, here we are. The blanket on the end of the bed is from the El Paso Saddleblanket, a big tourist-y store down here. I got it last year. It doesn't really match, but it sure helps on cold nights! My family knows how much I like to have lots of blankets on the bed.

 This little cowdog used to be my uncle's. He is with us no more.
 This is my dresser. I have pictures of my sisters and I{sadly, I don't have any pictures with my brother} and of my mechanic man. I found that last one in the closet when I moved down here and liked it. And there's a basket full on knick-knacks, some bracelets in a jar, and a box full of special little notes from my sister.
 Now, please look up there above the bed and you'll see this sign I found at Goodwill. I was so excited because I had no idea what I was going to hang on the walls in our bedroom. And this fits perfectly! On the shelf part are an old bolt I found out west a long time ago, a white rock that looks like a heart, and a slate that I painted mountains on.
 Here's our nightstand, or part of it. I really like the lamp. We got that on sale at Target.
 This is Mr. Mechanic Man's dresser. And above it. I like the big mirror, don't you? Makes the room seem bigger. Look closer above the mirror...see that little picture? Here, climb up on the dresser, it won't bother me.
 There you go. I embroidered this little sign a while ago. That little horse on the side is from Colorado, as well and the square nut on the other side. The bell is from South Dakota; I got that when my family was out there a long time ago.
Well, that's about all there is to see. We only have a couple of rooms left, but I guess you probably have to run. I've kept you long enough for today. But you make sure you come back soon!

Comments

Anna said…
It's hard to even tell the walls are green. I think it's a very calming green. And you found the box from Erni? She was pretty upset that you lost it. Love the room. One day I'll see it in person.

Popular Posts