{Promise Me You'll Miss Me}

"Promise Me You'll Miss Me"

The family fills the household,
And voices ring with cheer;
Just promise me you'll miss me
At this happy time of year.

They now discuss and chatter
And laugh at things so queer. 
Just promise me you'll miss me 
At this jolly time of year.

The tree is bright, the candles lit, 
The family now draws near.
Just promise me you'll miss me
At this precious time of year.

They read about our Saviour, 
The story again they hear.
Just promise me you'll miss me
At this holy time of year. 

The women and girls in the kitchen, 
The men and boys by the fire.
Just promise me you'll miss me 
At this busy time of year.

I can see you all together,
And I hear your voices dear.
Oh! Promise me you'll miss me
At this family time of year!
 ><><><><><><

an original poem by daughterofJehovah-Nissi

Comments

silverfeather said…
This is so special...thanks for sharing!
Danielle said…
I like it... but it is sad...
Denae said…
Olivia, I love this! It's so creative, although it is kind of sad...
Anna said…
I Promise we will miss you. I miss you already, all the time,
i love you.
Deidre said…
sniffle sniffle....................

Popular Posts