{a hike}

Last Saturday my mechanic man and I went hiking at a state park nearby, and I thought I'd post some pictures of it.

Okay so actually the first two pictures are of Hancock sleeping really weird. 
 And boy was he out!
 Here's the trail going up to Mundy's Gap.

 Down in the valley is where we started.
 Little barrel cactus?
 Um, not really.
 We hiked down to some old tin mines, and this is pretty much all that's left of the mines.
 On our way back up to Mundy's Gap, we stopped and ate lunch in this little arch. We had leftover pizza from the night before.

 We came to another trail that went to the highest peak in the park on our way back and started up it. But after a little bit we decided to turn back because we didn't have much water left and we were pretty worn out.
 A view of east El Paso from the point where we turned around.
Almost every time I go hiking I'm reminded of the hymn "Follow On":

"Down in the valley, or up on the mountain steep, 
Close beside my Saviour would my soul ever keep,
He will lead me safely in the path he has trod,
Up to where they gather on the hills of God.

Follow! Follow! I would follow Jesus! 
Anywhere, everywhere, I would follow on!
Follow! Follow! I would follow Jesus! 
Everywhere He leads me I would follow on!"

Comments

Danielle said…
Wow, Hancock has gotten big!!!

It looks like you had a beautiful day for a hike!
Unknown said…
I can't wait to get out on the trails again...

Popular Posts