{first Navajo trip...and a first for me too}
Mr. Mechanic Man and I got back last Friday from the first Navajo trip. This trip was especially exciting for me, because-
Okay, wait, maybe I should start at the beginning.
All week long, I was praying for an opportunity to lead my very first person to the Lord. We go out soul-winning almost every day on the trips, so I was praying that one day I'd be able to talk to someone about getting saved. But I didn't get that chance.
Then on Wednesday, one of the men from the group talked to me about the chalk drawings. He told me that he had brought his chalks along, and that he knew the black-light drawing. Then he asked me if I would let him do the drawing on Thursday night, the night of the big meeting. I agreed; I didn't mind stepping down to let someone else use their talents for the Lord. I'd been doing the drawings all summer so far.
It wasn't until later that I realized that this was the opportunity I was hoping and praying for. Because, at the end of the service, I didn't have to clean up from the chalk drawing. I was there, with my Bible, ready to tell someone about my Jesus. And I did. Jasmin didn't pray out loud, but she listened very well and told me that she did accept Jesus into her heart. So now it's between her and God. But please continue to pray for her, that she will start attending the Chitty's church and that she'll grow to love God more each day.
And now, here's some pictures of the trip.
| On one of the "wings" of Shiprock |
| Hearing a message from Bro. Don |
| This time we're married! |
| I really like the way this turned out... |
| Even little Carson, who's 4, helped with Bible assembly |
| Another picture I like...this one is a random fence outside of Aztec Ruins |
And to finish off, here's a verse I found during the week:
"For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world; and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith."
I John 5:4
Comments
I find it ironic that the sign that says "Colorful Colorado" is in black and white :-) Hehe
The flag picture has beautiful colors but I do like the fence best.
Only 4 1/2 weeks til we get to come visit whoohooo!
Can't wait to see you!