{The Best is Always Yet to Be}

What am I supposed to do
When I can't keep from missing you?
Run away or hide inside?
Make the tears flow from my eyes?
Lay in bed and pine away;
Miss the glory of each day?
Grow to be angry or resentful?
Always be sad and never joyful?
No. I think I need to see
The best is always yet to be.
New memories will yet be made,
Full of laughter and happy days.
I won't pretend we're not apart,
But keep your memory close to heart.
And when the tears make my eyes shine,
I will not sit around and pine.
I'll ask for help from Up Above,
And be reminded of our love. 
><><><><><
an original poem by Daughter of Jehovah-Nissi

Comments

Danielle said…
Kiersten wanted to check on Mrs Olivia this morning. I read the poem to her and she said. "Mom, Mrs Olivia really misses me, doesn't she?" :-)
Danielle said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts