{just some stuff}

Lately I feel like I'm finding a whole bunch of stuff for my home at thrift stores {and books, too, of course!}. It's pretty exciting. I was telling my sister who's excited about filling up her hope chest that it doesn't stop once you get married. I think it's actually more exciting because you actually have a house to put it in! 

Anyway, here's some of the stuff I've gotten lately.
A bed skirt for the back bedroom to hide the box spring.  
 The lace was what caught my attention. {$2}
 I went out shopping with my pastor's wife and found this. I didn't have anything to put toothpicks in and I like unique things in my kitchen. And I'd say this is unique. I think it's cuter every time I see it. {$1}
 Okay, I actually made this. But it's still something new around the house. I bought the candlestick in between the pans at Hobby Lobby. I got the pans from BPS and Mrs. Jarvis for free. But I'm too embarrassed to say the price of the candlestick. I thought it might be half off but it didn't qualify for the sale. Let's just say I felt sick paying full price for a candlestick that I wasn't even going to use for a candle. 
By the way, that yummy looking food on the side is the makings of a grilled, stuffed burrito
 Mostly this picture is for the cow creamer. Mrs. Rinka and I stopped at a store called Tuesday Morning for something for church and saw this. I saw a white one at Walmart a long time ago but didn't buy it and then regretted it. Anyway, Mrs. Rinka ended up buying this for me. Thanks to her! It's so cool!
 I got this little bowl at Savers. It looks like a flower. {$1}
 Another antique bowl. But just a small one. {$.50}
 I actually got this plate awhile ago. I really liked the design, but it was yellow and didn't match my dinner plates. So I decided to get it for a serving plate. {$1}
 And lastly, a pretty wreath for our door. When I found it at Goodwill, it didn't have a sticker on it. But I really liked it, so I decided to ask a worker. She said she'd have to put a sticker on it. I cringed a bit when she took it in the back to do that. There was another wreath beside that one in worse shape and it had a $4 sticker on it. But I was elated when she gave it back to me with a $1 sticker on it! And while she was putting on the sticker, I found that bed skirt. So I was pretty happy that day.
I also got a cradle and a bookshelf for free from one of the trailers down here on property. But they both need painted, so that will probably be another post.

Comments

Danielle said…
What a great bed skirt!!! The plate is very nice too!

Popular Posts