{day twelve|favorite tradition|}
I don't think I really have a favorite tradition. Or maybe I just can't think of many traditions because the things that my family did over and over again never got called a tradition. Things like
{getting donuts and chocolate milk for breakfast on road trips}
{having sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast every Saturday}
{going to the candlelight Christmas Eve service every year}
{watching the Grinch and Charlie Brown Christmas at least five times each Christmas season}
{not making beds on Sundays}
{having seafood on New Year's Eve}
{reading the Christmas Story every Christmas morning, followed by present opening, and then cinnamon rolls for breakfast}
{having random sibling photo shoots}
{looking at old pictures when you go to Grandma Davis'}
{fighting over who gets the chocolate milk bottle}
{saying good night each night}
{racing for the skirt rack at the thrift store}
{making sand tarts and candy cane cookies and cream cheese mints each Christmas}
{colorful lights on the real live Christmas tree}
I think these are all the "traditions" I can think of right now. But I'm sure there are so many more buried in my memory. I have been so blessed.
Comments