{different than Erin's}
Lately I've been noticing that I'm just a wee bit fickle. After telling you last week that I would give Erin's Monday posts a try, I decided to come up with my own version. And it all started with that old wedding poem,
Something old,
Something new,
Something borrowed,
Something blue.
You know, traditionally having something for each line of the poem on your wedding day. I don't know why I was thinking of this poem because I'm already married, BUT, I was, and this is what I came up with for my posts.
><>something old<><
probably something old I own, or maybe something that just seems to be old to me
><>something new<><
something new that's going on in my life, or coming up soon
><>something chipper<><
something that's making my day
><>something blue<><
something that's making me feel down-in-the-mouth
><>something homemade<><
something I've created lately
><>something bought<><
something I've bought lately, most likely from a thrift store
><>something cooked<><
something I've...well...cooked this week
><>something thought<><
what I'm pondering right now
><>something seen<><
something I'm seeing out my window
><>something heard<><
something I'm listening to, or something I've heard lately that's stuck in my mind
><>something to finish<><
projects awaiting completion
><>someone's words<><
a quote for the week
With that explained, I'll now give you this week's edition of the above mentioned post.
><>something old<><
Cherry Ames, Army Nurse, the book I'm reading now, written in 1944. I collect the Cherry Ames books and have enjoyed every single story in the series that I've read
><>something new<><
cold weather; since last week we finally have actual fall weather. It's been in the twenties the past few nights
><>something chipper<><
my KitchenAid mixer
><>something blue<><
people's lack of thoughtfulness toward others
><>something homemade<><
butter! I made homemade butter today in my mixer, and felt so accomplished I felt like Ma Ingalls
><>something bought<><
a mustard yellow blouse for fall wearing
><>something cooked<><
can I mention butter again? even if I didn't cook it? Okay, I'll settle for grilled, stuffed burritos, which is becoming a favorite meal around here
><>something thought<><
I should spend more time playing violin
><>something seen<><
the mulberry tree out front is losing it's leaves, withOUT changing colors first
><>something heard<><
the tractor running next door as demolition continues
><>something to finish<><
the quilt I'm making for the hall bedroom
><>someone's words<><
"Courage, dear heart."
-Aslan from The Chronicles of Narnia
Well, folks, what are your thoughts on my currently list?
Comments
Grilled stuff burritos sound really good!