{a bit of an update}

I didn't realize it'd been so long since I posted on here, til my sister told me the other day that I needed to post. So I just thought I'd give you folks a little bit of an update on what's been going on here...
I thought that once the summer ended things would slow down some, but it seems by the way September has flown by that I was wrong. I guess it just went from having lots of big things going on to having what seems like tons of little things going on.

I said in my last post about wanting to decorate my house in fall colors, but when I dug out the fall decorations I had I was a little disappointed, since all I had was a leaf dish, salt & pepper shakers, and two table runners. I went to Hobby Lobby and thought about buying something there, but I couldn't bring myself to pay their prices even if all the fall decor was 40% off. So I turned to Pinterest and found these pumpkins to make. 
 My sister made one of the canning-ring pumpkins last year, and I never got around to making one even though I admired hers. But I didn't decorate for fall too much last year. I guess my yearning for Autumn this year {probably because of the lack of the season down here} made me want to decorate like crazy. That hasn't happened, either, but I'm hoping to get a bunch of fall decorations when they go on clearance this year.

Anyway, the twine pumpkins were ones I found on Pinterest. Making them was a bit of a sticky chore, but it brought back memories from school days when I'd "accidentally" get Elmer's glue all over my hands and have to peel it off. Did anyone else do that or was it just me and my siblings who enjoyed that pastime?
About halfway through the month, Mr. Mechanic Man and I went with another BPS employee on a long road trip to Milford, OH, for a new bus motor. We went while mission's conference was going on at the church up there, so we got to attend those meetings each night, and I got to go most mornings. I learned a lot from the one single lady missionary who served in the jungles of Papua Indonesia for most of her life.

While we were there, I got to go Goodwill-shopping with a thrifting friend of mine, and happily found a lovely brown couch for our living room for a very reasonable price. We wrapped it in paper and it rode beside the bus motor all the way home.

When we got home, we spent the next day switching bedrooms from one end of the house to the other. Mechanic Man spent most of the Saturdays in September redoing the small bathroom connected to the one bedroom, and he finished just before the Ohio trip. So last Saturday was spent rearranging and shuffling and organizing and getting rid of things. As we did all that, I found this candle holder and decided to use it as part of my fall decorating.
I did take pictures of the bathroom while Mechanic Man was working on it, for before and after pictures, but there's still a few things that I need to do, like make a curtain for the window and other small things. I guess I'll do a post about that in the future. 

And part of moving to the new bedroom was because of preparations for the coming little one. These next few weeks will be spent preparing things for that exciting event. We're officially one month away from the due date, and I'm getting so very anxious to meet this baby! 

Comments

Umm, it sounds like you're maybe doing too much work...remember your birth coach instructed you to take it easy?! ;)
Yella Rose said…
Oh sorry! I guess I need reminded more... ;b

Popular Posts