{Evelyn Ruth}
This poor little blog has been silent for a long while, hasn't it? In preparing for our little girl to arrive, and taking care of things over at BPS because it's the busy season, I barely had the energy to keep the house clean and craft a little bit without having to post on a blog. Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of it now that Evelyn's a little older. I have lots of projects to post about! But for today, I wanted to post about the newest addition to the family.
Evelyn was born on the 13th of July. Ten days over her due date, and I still had to be induced. This little girl just refused to start coming no matter what I tried! But after only five hours of labor, I was laying in a hospital bed with her, watching her flick her tongue in and out.
It turns out that her working her tongue isn't a sign of hunger for her. She just likes to do it, I guess. A lot.
Becoming a mom for the second time is a little scary, and because of that I was afraid I'd have to deal with anxiety again, like I had with Reuben for a few weeks. But, thanks to many prayers, I didn't have any problems with my emotions after delivering Evelyn. God is so good!
With that in mind, I've had to pray every day for grace to be a good mother to this girl. Being Reuben's mama has been pretty easy. I never realized how easy until Evelyn came along.
Being Evelyn's mama is hard. I love her so much, but my girl has the temperament of a polecat. She fusses all the time if she's not being held, and even when she is being held. She fights naps. And if you don't feed her right when she gets hungry, you'd better be prepared to meet with an explosion of anger. Some of those squeals are kinda cute, though.
So, each day I ask for grace. And each day God gives it. {because even though we don't think so, God always gives grace}. And now that she's smiling and trying to talk, I'm enjoying her more, and laughing more, and not minding her fussing so much anymore. Even if it makes it hard to go grocery shopping...
I love my little girl, and even though she has that temper, I wouldn't trade her for the world. We are truly blessed by this bundle of energy.
EVELYN RUTH
born July 13th, 2017
8 lbs. 10.8 oz
20.5 inches long
I told you she likes her tongue, didn't I?
Comments