{currently // 2.6.18}
Happy Tuesday, folks! Here in our corner of the world, it's a frigid, snowy day. I laid in bed a little extra this morning just to stay warm until my boy came in and said "You wanna get up, Mama? You wanna get dressed? You wanna get up and dressed?". Then I did climb out of bed and put on fleece-lined clothes and wool socks. I thought I was ready to have winter again after living in the desert, but I don't think I was ready for one this fierce. The bright spot is that there is snow on the ground, with more in the forecast tonight!
I thought it was about time for a currently post again, so you can see into my hum-drum-yet-beautiful everyday life.
reading // Actually I'm in between books right now. I finally got to go to the library here in town for the first time a little while ago and I've decided to try and read more classics this year. The first one I finished was Heidi. We had the movie growing up but I had never read the book. I really enjoyed it! Next on the classics list is A Little Princess. But before I get into that I'm starting a fictional book about Jane Austen.
playing // Mario Kart Wii with Reuben. Really he just sits with a steering wheel in his lap but he loves to watch the karts.
watching // through the Waltons again. Also some of my musicals.
trying // a new workout for distastes recti. Still trying to heal those muscles from my first pregnancy.
cooking // Italian casserole for supper.
eating // leftover Christmas candy.
drinking // hot chocolates, hot teas, and hot chai. Did I mention it's cold around here?
trying // a new workout for distastes recti. Still trying to heal those muscles from my first pregnancy.
cooking // Italian casserole for supper.
eating // leftover Christmas candy.
drinking // hot chocolates, hot teas, and hot chai. Did I mention it's cold around here?
calling // no one today.
texting // none of that going on either.
pinning // quilts, teal room pictures {I love that color}, farmhouse thrift store makeovers, and food.
crafting // making a maxi dress into a skirt, and repainting a picture frame I found in our shed. I need to work on re-doing some embroidery hoop art for the walls.
doing // puzzles if I have time in the afternoons.
going // to church tonight if it doesn't snow too hard. I'm still trying to get used to having mid-week services on Tuesday nights.
loving // a quote by Dickens - "Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tries, and a touch that never hurts." I've been trying to keep that in mind as I work on being a better mama.
hating // wanting to stay in bed in the mornings.
discovering // there's never enough time to read.
enjoying // watching Evelyn learn to sit and use her eyebrows to try and communicate. Also Reuben's "woo-hooooo". My babes are so cute.
thinking // I need to hurry here to get lunch done.
feeling // anxious to get into a new book.
hoping // I'll have some time after ironing to work on my puzzle some more.
listening // to Reuben's half-intelligible chatter
celebrating // a free library. This winter weather makes me want to just read all day long.
texting // none of that going on either.
pinning // quilts, teal room pictures {I love that color}, farmhouse thrift store makeovers, and food.
crafting // making a maxi dress into a skirt, and repainting a picture frame I found in our shed. I need to work on re-doing some embroidery hoop art for the walls.
doing // puzzles if I have time in the afternoons.
going // to church tonight if it doesn't snow too hard. I'm still trying to get used to having mid-week services on Tuesday nights.
loving // a quote by Dickens - "Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tries, and a touch that never hurts." I've been trying to keep that in mind as I work on being a better mama.
hating // wanting to stay in bed in the mornings.
discovering // there's never enough time to read.
enjoying // watching Evelyn learn to sit and use her eyebrows to try and communicate. Also Reuben's "woo-hooooo". My babes are so cute.
thinking // I need to hurry here to get lunch done.
feeling // anxious to get into a new book.
hoping // I'll have some time after ironing to work on my puzzle some more.
listening // to Reuben's half-intelligible chatter
celebrating // a free library. This winter weather makes me want to just read all day long.
smelling // chocolate and cinnamon.
considering // how to turn a chenille bedspread into curtains for Ev's room.
finishing // a few crafts here and there.
starting // potty-training with Reuben.
considering // how to turn a chenille bedspread into curtains for Ev's room.
finishing // a few crafts here and there.
starting // potty-training with Reuben.
Comments
Speaking of movies/tv... have you ever watched Sue Thomas F.B.Eye? A family from church introduced us to them and we found them at the library too. They have the perfect amount of romance and mystery!
I started a puzzle too, but I haven't gotten real far yet - I need to finish it before winter ends!
Stay warm!
Rebekah
www.moreradiance.com